This policy was written based on current data and attendee feedback and is subject to change at any time, up until the date of the event.
TLDR – More details below.
Please ensure you have plenty of face coverings that cover both your mouth and nose prior to the event.
Wear a mask in all 2D Con event spaces
Show proof of at least half vaccination OR a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours prior to the event
Between 6 and 12:
Wear a mask in all 2D Con event spaces
5 and Under
No current rules apply
Due to venue policy we are unable to require masks in any public areas of the hotel. This includes spaces such as the hotel lobby, the registration line, or any hallway excluding the hallway to the main gaming room. We strongly encourage masks in ALL places.
Although we are not allowing refunds at this time, we understand that you may be uncomfortable attending and we are able to roll over your registration to the 2023 event.
Below is a breakdown of this year’s attendee guidelines, and the measures we will be taking. The last thing we want to do is put anyone’s health at risk. We realize that some of these seem overboard, but we want to be as safe as possible.
We reserve the right to change these at any time as well as remove anyone who we deem unsafe from the event without refund.
Masks will be required in all event spaces. We will have a VERY limited amount of disposable masks available. If you forget your mask there is a Target a few blocks north of the venue that will have masks available for purchase.
- Children 5 and under.
- Eating, drinking, or taking medication for brief periods of time;
- Communicating for brief periods of time with a person who is hearing impaired when the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication;
- When experiencing difficulty breathing or shortness of breath or feeling winded, until able to resume normal breathing with the mask; or if wearing a mask interferes with necessary medical care such as supplemental oxygen administered via an oxygen mask.
- Masks will be optional for vaccinated staff working in a role where they are socially distanced and or need to be wearing a mic.
- When on stage for performances, karaoke or the cosplay contest.
- When having your photograph taken for cosplay at our designated photo booth, or socially distanced – please do not stop for photos in hallways.
- When positioned behind a table that allows for social distancing (Vendors, Artists)
The following only applies to ages 13+
Due to current CDC guidance being vaccinated against COVID-19 or having a negative test taken within 72 hours of the convention is required.
It is the easiest and safest way to handle the variants and keep community spread low. If you are not currently vaccinated, and are able to be, there are many places offering walk-in vaccinations to the general public. Having just 1 poke prior to 2D Con is better than none! You can find a location to receive the vaccine here: https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/find-vaccine/locations/index.jsp .
The Johnson & Johnson Vaccine is a single dose vaccine that takes two weeks to reach 77% effectiveness – This is the best option to ensure you, and the people around you are safe.
If you are unable to be vaccinated, we require that you do your part to keep this event safe and have a negative COVID test taken within the last 72 hours. There are many places to receive a rapid test prior to the convention. Many of the test locations do not require an appointment.
You can find a location to receive a rapid test on the MN COVID-19 Response page:
Upon check-in with registration you will asked some basic screening questions and may have your temperature taken. These questions aren’t meant to prevent you from attending the convention, but as a way for us to gather useful information such as percentage of vaccinated attendees.
The questions will be non-intrusive.
- Are you vaccinated?
- Have you had a fever within the last 7 days?
- Have you traveled from a State or Country with a high infection rate within the last 14 days?
- Have you had a positive COVID test within the last 14 days?
There will be a variety of sanitation items in all rooms.
This may include:
- Hand sanitizer
- Sanitizing spray and paper towels
- Sanitizing wipes
These items will be available for use. While we will be cleaning at set intervals, we ask that you sanitize equipment before and after use. We also request that you come prepared with your own hand sanitizer in case we do not have enough!
Arcade and pinball machines: Use the available sanitizing spray and a paper towel to wipe down buttons and joysticks – DO NOT SPRAY DIRECTLY ON THE MACHINE! – We can not stress this enough. Use a minimal amount of spray directly on the paper towel.
Consoles: Return the controller to the console desk and our staff will sanitize the controllers.
PC: When you are finished using a PC, flip the keyboard upside down and our staff will sanitize the station.
Microphones: Wipe down with a sanitizing wipe.
*For Karaoke specifically we will be using single use mic caps for each singing!
*Upon entrance to any room you may be asked to use hand sanitizer.
PLEASE ONLY USE THE PROVIDED SANITIZING SOLUTIONS – OTHER SOLUTIONS MAY DAMAGE EQUIPMENT
Certain rooms will have special hours reserved for VIP, elderly, the immunocompromised, and individuals with sensory and mobility disabilities. These hours will be posted outside of the room, and listed in the program guide.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out. We are excited to see everyone while keeping our community safe at the same time.