2D Con is held annually and is 100% volunteer based, we rely on our volunteers to organize and run the event. We strive to make sure there are volunteering opportunities for everyone, even without prior volunteering experience!
We are always looking for more volunteers for our event planning sessions and during the event. We have many positions available, some of which are listed below.
Badge Checker – Make sure event attendees have their badge visibly displayed when in convention space, such as our Mainstage or in Panel Rooms.
Gaming Library Attendant – Help attendees with requests for games in our Console Room and Open Tabletop area.
Registration Attendant – Help attendees with badge pickup and on-site registration. Must be at least 16 for this position.
VR Gaming Attendant – Help attendees experience VR Gaming in an orderly fashion. Clean off headsets between use and launch VR games.
- Shout out on the 2D Con website, in the 2D Con app, and in our program guide!
- Access to staff room for refreshments! (8 hour minimum)
- Lowest badge price of the season and an invite to the afterparty! (40 hour minimum)
We have a few simple expectations for our volunteers at 2D Con. As a volunteer, you must:
- Register for 2D Con.
- Commit to at least 4 hours of volunteering.
- Attend pre-event volunteer meeting.
- Be polite and considerate of other volunteers and event attendees.
While these are our expectations for all volunteers, your level of involvement with our event is entirely up to you! You have the freedom to decide whether you want to help with planning sessions or if you’re just helping out during the event itself.
Let us know which areas are most interesting to you and we will work with you to ensure a pleasant experience as one of our volunteers!