Join a great cause and have fun doing it
2D Con is held annually and is 100% volunteer based, we rely on our volunteers to organize and run the event. We strive to make sure there are volunteering opportunities for everyone, even without prior volunteering experience!
Volunteering for 2D Con is a great way to help the local gaming community and meet new people!
Common volunteer needs
- Badge Checker – Make sure event attendees have their badge visibly displayed when in convention space, such as our Mainstage or in Panel Rooms.
- Gaming Library Attendant – Help attendees with requests for games in our
- Console Room and Open Tabletop area.
- Registration Attendant – Help attendees with badge pickup and on-site registration. Must be at least 16 for this position.
- VR Gaming Attendant – Help attendees experience VR Gaming in an orderly fashion. Clean off headsets between use and launch VR games.
- Tech – Run cables, troubleshoot issues with gaming hardware.
- Arcade attendant – Watch over the arcade area, show attendees how to play.
- Access to staff room for refreshments!
- Earn a free badge!
- Gain experience in a variety of departments.
- Meet other wonderful volunteers.
- Multiple events throughout the year.
We have a few simple expectations for our volunteers at 2D Con. As a volunteer, you must:
- Register for 2D Con.
- Commit to at least 4 hours of volunteering.
- Attend pre-event volunteer meeting.
- Be polite and considerate of other volunteers and event attendees.
While these are our expectations for all volunteers, your level of involvement with our event is entirely up to you! You have the freedom to decide whether you want to help with planning sessions or if you’re just helping out during the event itself.
Let us know which areas are most interesting to you and we will work with you to ensure a pleasant experience as one of our volunteers!