2D Con is a convention run for the fans. We understand that people come from all walks and situations of life. We will do everything we can to provide an open, welcoming and accessible environment for all fans. This page is an overview of the accessibility services offered by 2D Con and the DoubleTree Bloomington/Minneapolis South Hotel.
If you have any questions or suggestions to make 2D Con more accessible, or a specific need that you do not see listed, please email [email protected]! Please keep in mind that we are limited by finances, logistics, the facility and volunteer staffing but we will do what we can!
With any event we understand becoming overwhelmed. 2D Con is committed to providing a decompression space during the entirety of the event. During normal open hours this space will be blocked off and away from the noise.
Please see below for some other tips to help decompress if necessary during the event.
There is reliable access to elevator that, on the second floor, opens directly to the open arcade area!
Able-bodied participants are asked to consider using the stairs in order to leave the elevators accessible to those who cannot.
The Panel Room, Twitch Main Stage and Tournament Stages will have designated accessible seating spaces. Accessible seating is only available as a first-come, first-served basis. With enough time we will make it work! If you need accessible seating for an event at 2D Con, please notify registration at your earliest ability and they will do everything they can to make sure you are accommodated.
For those who might need extra time finding a seat for an event (Visual/hearing impairments, wheelchairs/scooters, or other mobility issues), please try to arrive 20 minutes before the event. We can allow you time to go in first to claim your seat, however, once doors are open for everyone we cannot guarantee anyone a seat.
If you need ADA compliant/accessible hotel room, please indicate that when you book your hotel room.
The DoubleTree Bloomington/Minneapolis South is an ADA compliant venue with accessible hotel rooms, and convention space.
The convention space is currently laid out in two accessible areas with wide hallways. 2D Con utilizes this space with an open layout to allow easy traveling through the various event areas.
- Flat terrain between parking and entrance
- Hotel entrance is wheelchair accessible with large automatic doors
- Accessible parking spaces for cars in self-parking
- Van-accessible parking in self-parking
- Accessible registration desk
- Accessible shuttle service to Mall of America/Airport
- Staff trained in service to disabled guests
- Steps / staircases have handrails
- Wheelchair-Accessible Elevators
- Wheelchair-Accessible bathrooms located on both sides of the convention space.
Pets are not allowed at 2D Con. Service Animals as defined by the ADA are permitted.
- Beginning on March 15, 2011, only dogs are recognized as service animals under titles II and III of the ADA.
- A service animal is a dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability.
For further documentation regarding ADA regulations please click here.
Other Decompression Tips:
Much of our staff are convention veterans and suffer from various forms of anxiety. These are some great tips for first time convention goers that have helped them throughout the years.
- Deep breathing. Take a deep breath, hold it, and then let it out slowly. Try counting to 10 while you breathe out. Repeat as many times as needed.
- Take a walk. Go for a walk around the building and come back.
- Get outdoors. Even if it isn’t for a walk the sunlight and fresh air will usually help.
- Bring a book and read!
- Take a break and enjoy a nap back in your hotel room.
- Exercise! Yoga Quest will be hosting yoga at 9am on Saturday and Sunday before the day picks up.