- Do not break the hotel
- Respect the equipment
- Harassment will not be tolerated
- Cosplay is not Consent
- If it is illegal outside, it is illegal inside
- This is geek and 2D Con staff reserve the right to remove any member from the convention at any time
- By purchasing a membership you consent to having your likeness used in convention related photos, videos and other media
Pets are not allowed at 2D Con. Service Animals as defined by the ADA are permitted.
- Beginning on March 15, 2011, only dogs are recognized as service animals under titles II and III of the ADA.
- A service animal is a dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability.
For further documentation regarding ADA regulations please click here.
City, State and Federal Laws
If it is not OK to do outside of the convention it is not OK to do inside of the convention.
2D con is an all ages event. Attendees are expected to dress appropriately.
All outfits worn are subject to the nudity and public decency laws of the city of Bloomington, MN. Click here for more details.
If deemed inappropriate you will be asked to change.
This is Geek and 2D Con have a zero-tolerance policy against harassment of any kind. This includes – but is not limited to – verbal harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, inappropriate or harassing photography or videography, bullying, age harassment, sustained disruption of panels or other events, or unwelcome physical attention/contact of any kind.
No means no. If you have been asked to leave someone alone, and persist, you will be removed from the convention with no refund.
Costumes are not consent.
If you need to report harassment of any kind please do so at the registration table.
In the event you have lost your badge, first check with the registration tables.
If your badge has not been found you will be responsible for purchasing a new one at half walk up cost.
All lost items should be returned/reported to the registration table.
By registering for 2D Con you are purchasing a membership as opposed to a ticket. Your membership may only be used by you.
This allows you access to all convention spaces and indicates that you are in good standing with the organization.
2D Con reserves the right to revoke membership, badges and membership ability of any member for any reason, including but not limited to breaking our rules, the hotel’s rules or behaving in an unsafe or unacceptable way.
In the event that you can not attend 2D con, your membership may be transferred to another person.
Memberships will not be refunded.
Any offensive wording, imagery or symbols are not allowed.
Anyone caught spreading/displaying anything blatantly offensive will be subject to 2D Con Membership rules.
We encourage props! However, there are a few general guidelines that must be followed to ensure the safety of attendees and the venue.
- All props may be subject to peace bonding.
- If it has or has a functioning trigger mechanism it is not allowed, this includes toy guns/air soft/water guns/ nerf.
- No live steel or replica swords, daggers, knives.
- Bows are allowed only if rendered incapable of firing. (IE: no string)
- If your prop is large please be mindful of what is around you! Both the building and other con goers!
- 2D Con staff has the right to ask you to store your prop and return to the convention without it. If you are unable to store it anywhere please make arrangement with the registration staff.
Smoking is permitted only outside of the hotel at a distance of 25 feet from any entrance.
The city of Bloomington restricts e-cigarettes in the same manner that normal cigarettes are restricted, and are therefore also not allowed inside the hotel.
For more information regarding Bloomington, MN Smokefree ordinance please Click Here.
Don’t cheat. Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified from all tournaments.
Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
- Pausing during a match
- Conspiring with another player
- Using unapproved modified controllers
- Glitching or exploiting to gain an advantage
Players are expected to show up at the designated tournament area 20 minutes prior to the scheduled tournament start time. Failure to do say may result in disqualification or forfeit.
Offensive Language and Trash Talking
We understand that things can get heated, however we have a no-tolerance policy for offensive language. Playful banter and healthy trash-talking is allowed. If you cross the line into malicious, threatening or offensive trash talking you may be asked to leave the venue and will forfeit any tournaments that you are playing in.
Bring your own controller
Some tournaments require that you bring your own controller or joystick. This information will be available prior to the event. If you are unable to bring your own controller, we will have a very limited number available for checkout.