- Sexual orientation
- Physical appearance
- Religious belief
2D Con is an all ages event until 10pm, all we ask is that you follow the nudity and public decency laws of Minneapolis and be aware that children are present.
Breastfeeding is allowed in public space, we also have a quiet room available.
In the rare instance we find your outfit to be an issue one of our staff members will speak with you.
We encourage cosplayers to carry props, sometimes they complete the costume. We do have a few general guidelines.
- All propers are subject to “peace bonding”
- If it has a functioning trigger it is not allowed, this includes airsoft, water guns, nerf guns, toy guns and of course real guns.
- No live steel or metal. If it is sharp or hard it will not be allowed.
- Bows are allowed if they have been rendered incapable of firing by removing the string. Compound bows, or hunting bows are not allowed.
- Large props are allowed as long as you are aware of your surroundings. If at any point you need to store your prop please speak with registration.
Any imagery that is considered offensive or that will make people uncomfortable is not allowed.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Nazi or other supremacist organizations
- Vulgar imagery
- Sexist imagery
- Overly violent or gory imagery
- Political imagery if used as a means to provoke
Anyone caught spreading or displaying anything blatantly offensive may be subject to revocation and removal from the event.
Most of use are adults and we all have fun in different ways. Our drug and alcohol policy is as lenient as possible, we aren’t the police. We only have a few common sense rules.
- Do not smoke in the hotel, this includes vaping. There are designated spots outside of the hotel for smoking.
- If you are smoking anything illegal you are doing so at your own discretion, please do this away from the hotel property.
- If odor becomes and issue we may ask you to leave and to return at a later time.
- Underage drinking is prohibited.
- If you are visibly intoxicated we may:
- Ask you to leave and call you a driver.
- Have you sit in our quiet room until you sober up.
- Send you back to your hotel room.
- Call your parents… we don’t want to do this.
The most important thing about tournaments is that they are meant to be fun. While we encourage playful banter, we do not allow offensive language (see discrimination and harassment above)
You are expected to show up to the designated tournament area twenty minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Failure to do so may result in disqualification or forfeit.
You must be a registered attendee of 2D Con to participate in any tournament.
Tournament registration for some games start prior to the event, and certain tournaments may fill up before the event. For these tournaments there may be a limited amount of on-site sign ups.
If a player is disqualified prior the tournament, we will fill their spot on a first come first serve basis.
No one likes a cheater, if you are caught cheating you will automatically be disqualified. Depending on the severity you may also be removed from the event.
If you are accused of cheating, and feel that you did not cheat, tournament staff will review and decide on a fair outcome.
Cheating includes, but is not limited to;
- Certain controller modifications.
- Collusion with other players or spectators.
- Use of any software that gives you an unfair advantage such as aim-bots, or wallhacks.
- Screen watching.
Each game will have it’s own set of rules. Cheating reports are handled on a case-by-case basis.
There are a few reasons why you may be bringing your own equipment to 2D Con, we encourage this and even recommend it in some instances. Different equipment has different policies.
2D Con is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
Bringing your own PC is great, and is required for certain tournaments. We understand that you don’t want to leave your PC unattended while you enjoy the event. We will have limited space to store your items.
Your PC may be subject to a health check, these are non-intrusive and include scanning for malware prior to connecting to the network. Nothing will be installed on your PC.
2D Con is not liable for any damage or loss of items, please keep an eye on your PC and make sure you know it’s status at all times.
We do ask that you use the below list as a guideline when bringing your PC:
- Make sure it is clear of Malware, or anything that may slow the network.
- Bring your own keyboard and mouse, if you want to guarantee a spot you will also want to bring a monitor.
If you are going to step away from your PC – lock it (Win+L) or log-off and have someone you know and trust keep an eye on it for you.
There are designated spots for PC set ups,they are limited. You will want to arrive early to guarantee a spot. Please keep your equipment in your dedicated spot.
If you are going to be away from your PC for more than 4 hours and are not registered for a PC tournament, we ask that you remove your equipment and store it in your car or with 2D Con. Space is very limited.
Controllers and Joysticks
It is highly recommended that you bring your own controller and/or joystick. We only have a limited amount and can not guarantee functionality, battery life, or availability.
Please bring your controller to the tournament organizer for approval, prior to the tournament.
Controller modifications that give you an unfair advantage are not allowed. These include, but are not limited to macro or turbo buttons.
Each tournament will have it’s own set of specifications on what is allowed.
Sometimes equipment fails. Games can freeze, and controllers can stop responding.
If this happens you have the option to restart the current match. You must used the same exact settings and/or characters as the previous match.
If the console or controller is failing, or dead we will do our best to obtain a new one.
If a new one is not available the tournament may end prematurely.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments please contact us. We review all feedback and shape our policies around the safety and comfort of our attendees.